Lymphocyte sensitivity to metals and chemicals
|Test Details for Ordering|
|Test||Lymphocyte sensitivity to metals and chemicals|
|Price||£81.00 for up to 12 test substances|
|To order this test, please, go to Ordering Tests. |
Please, make sure you have read When not to use this website to ascertain whether having this test is an appropriate and safe course of action for you.
This test looks at the sensitivity of lymphocytes (a type of white blood cells) to a range of substances which are potential allergens. The test substances are grouped in several categories (see below). The price in the test information box opposite is for up to 12 substances. They can be selected from any category. To order the test, please give the name of the test in the questionnaire and list your chosen substances. If your list has more than 12 substances, then the price per each additional test substance is £7:
- mercury (organic),
- mercury (inorganic),
- Lindane (& other isomers of BHC)
- Carbaryl (with alpha-naphthol)
- Organophosphates (group)
- Tetrachlorvinphos (a specific organophosphate)
- Diamino compounds (group)
- p-phenylene diamine (specific)
- Azo dye precursors/azo dyes (group)
- Alizarin dyes (group)
- Alizarin lake- aluminium (specific)
- Alizarin lake-chromium (specific)
- Alizarin-S (specific)
- Indigo dyes (group)
- Phthalocyanin dyes (group)
- Sulphites (metabisulphite)
- Petrol exhaust
- Diesel exhaust
- Natural gas (burnt)
- Naphthols (group)
- alpha-naphthol (metabolite of carbaryl)
- alpha-naphthol (dye-coupling agent)
- Polybrominated byphenyls (Flame retardants)
- Nitrosamines (smoking/burnt organic matter)
- Prostaglandin E1 & Prostaglandin E2
Detergents can be tested for in a special test - 7 substances are tested for in that single test and the price is £82.
The price quoted in the test information box above is for a batch of up to 12 substances. If you would like to test for more than 12 substances in one test, then the cost of testing for each additional substance is £7.
This test is performed on a blood sample.
The kit for this test includes a green top blood tube, packaging materials for transporting the blood sample in the post, an addressed envelope and a request form.
To complete the test: have the blood taken and put in the blood tube (see blood letting information), make sure that your name and date of birth are clearly marked on the tube. Check that your details are correct on the request form. Using the packaging materials provided prepare the sample for posting to Acumen. Please, make sure that the request form is sent along with the samples. IMPORTANT: Please, ensure that the sample reaches the laboratory within 24 hours of it being taken (have the blood taken in the morning and post immediately). Please also send your GP's details so I can write to him/her with the result and suggestions for management. Please also send me any diagnoses you may already have.
- Please note that there is an additional interpretation fee for my letter to your GP. See Ordering Tests for more details.