B vitamins - functional blood profile
|Test Details for Ordering|
|Test||B vitamins - functional blood profile|
|Laboratory||Biolab Medical Unit|
|To order this test, please, go to Ordering Tests. |
Please, make sure you have read When not to use this website to ascertain whether having this test is an appropriate and safe course of action for you.
This test measures levels of vitamins B1, B2 and B6.
These are common deficiencies and I do not often do this test because I recommend taking B vitamins routinely. However some people do not believe me and want to do the test anyway. It is a good way of persuading people to take supplements regularly!
The kit for this test includes a green topped blood tube, packaging materials for transporting the blood sample in the post, a self-addressed enveloped for returning the sample to the lab and a request form.
- It is essential that the sample arrives at the laboratory within 24 hours of having been taken, so it's best to arrange an early morning appointment with a nurse to take blood.
- Make arrangements to have blood sample taken
- Make sure that your name, date of birth and date sample taken are correctly entered on the blood tube
- Make sure all the necessary details are correct on the laboratory request form.
- Post the sample in the packaging provided making sure that the laboratory request form is enclosed with the samples.
- Do not post the sample on a Friday.
- Please note that there is an additional interpretation fee for my letter to your GP. See Ordering Tests for more details.